Followers

Thursday 27 February 2014

The East Wind Blog Challenge No 1

I made this awesome card with the beautiful Aurora freebie I got I kinda went oriental (just by accident lol) but it works I think.  They have some awesome stamps that are totally unique so pop by and see you can also join the facebook page and have a chat, a laugh and join in the challenge.

I coloured my image in red and black and gave her blonde hair. I cut her out with an SB die and layered it onto red.  In my stash I already had the flower background which is made from a stencil medium with mica beads added (for more texture) and put through a mask.  I matted this onto some red then yellow paper. Then I punched down each side with a Tonic punch and used a different Tonic punch on the yellow.  After that I simply added a sentiment, some red gems, a yellow organza bow with a gem on top, some flourishes and 2 yellow butterflies (all from my stash).  Unfortunately I forgot to post this till it was too late so better luch next time lol.  I hope you like let me know xxx

1 comment:

Gwyneth said...

I love your colour choice for the image and how it runs through the card's other elements. A fab card.
Gwyneth
Popping in from the SDD FB Group Blog Ladder