Followers

Monday 10 February 2014

Sarah-Jades birthday card

Hi there guys gals and fb pals.

 I'm sharing the birthday card I made for my daughter SJ's birthday card.  My daughter is one of those kids who are different, she's not into pretty or what is generally known as fashion so making her a card is quite tricky. So I bought this heartfelt creations stamp to make her a card with. And this is the finished result which I do love love love!!

  I started with kraft card on the background and used a mask and some texture paste in the corners. While it was drying I stamped my image onto kraft card then stamped embossed and cut out some more flowers to layer over the image. I had some cogs etc in my stash and i coloured them black. I used black card for all my mats. I wanted something to break up the middle so I searched my stash and found the glitter card. It's the perfect colour not gold more bronze?  Any way i layered it onto black and put it down the middle of my background piece. I then wrapped some twine and black organza ribbon round them both. I tore round the edge of my topper and used some frayed burlap ink on it.  I set my topper on at an angle, cut some more flowers from the glitter card and built them all up, then added some cogs and black gems to finish and the result was awesome. My first ever card like this and she LOVED it so a result all round. Let me know what you think plz. Love Jacqui

1 comment:

chrissy xx said...

GOrgeous! Such FAbulous colours and I LOve your design and embellishments.
Chrissyxx