Followers

Thursday 14 August 2014

Use Your Stuff GDT project 11th August Inspired by a Dr Seuss Quote

Hi all i've been asked to be a Guest Design Team Member for an awesome challenge called "Use Your Stuff" and for Inspiration we had to use a Dr Seuss Quote. Well I think this challenge is awesome & i'm gonna try to keep up with it cos we all have way too much stuff we never use!! So the Dr Seuss Quote I chose for my inspiration was this.

I like nonsense it wakes up the brain cells
Fantasy is a necessary ingredient for living
It's a way at looking at life through the wrong
 end of a telescope
Which is what I do 
And that enables you to laugh at lifes realities.

And here is what I made

Nothing says fantasy more than a fairy so I used a Lavinia topper & a black mat. The base is a scenery piece also on a black mat. Then I used a tonic regal punch in black with a band of green glitter card. Using a Sue Wilson die I cut a decorative strip of green glitter card and added it to my topper edge. I cut the sentiment & clock from a Crafters Companion cd. I used a Marianne die to cut the flowers from paper on the same cd and added leaves I cut out from a sheet. (I've had it so long I can't remember where I got it lol)
To finish I added a couple of ceramic flowers down the side.  All these items have been in my stash quite some time and I felt really good using them at last so i'd recommend this challenge to anyone!

I really hope you like what I made & leave me some feedback too. 

Thanks again crafty bloggers Jacqui over and out!!

1 comment:

Karen Hasheck said...

Just wanted to stop by to let you know you were a winner last Saturday at Send a Smile 4 Kids. Here is a link to the blog post and you can contact me via the contact feature on the side of the blog so I can get you in contact with the sponsor to redeem your prize.
http://sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/08/winners-announced-for-christmas-in-july.html