Followers

Saturday 30 August 2014

Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges #18/30th August/Job Related using Faery Ink Stylist

Hi there crazy bloggers (i've concluded that cos i'm crazy you all must be too lol)
Today i've got a DT post for Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges.  For this project I got to work with Faery Ink who are one of our sponsors and I chose the image Beautician/Stylist as it reminds me of my daughter who's a Beauty Therapist. 



My daughter is real girly girl so I chose pinks & purples and a dark brown hair tone.  I decided to put her in a shop front as I have this template from one of the Katy Sue Fabulous Shoes/Fashion cds.
I cut out the template and covered the front piece with an awesome handbag paper in pinks & browns.  I used a Sue Wilson die to cut the aperture/window and used the bit I removed to put my image on inside. I coloured the inside with pinflair buff it in pink. After folding appropriate lines I stuck the two pieces together. I added pink glitter all the way round the image using double sided tape. I made my own sentiment on the computer and cut it out with a SB die. I added two pink mirror board panels using a Sue Wilson border die and two dandelion flowers using the Tattered Lace die. After that I just embellished using a Crafters Companion bunting strip, some silver scissors & fabric & ceramic flowers from my stash. Finally some pale pink Hunkydory glitter on the banner.

I'd love to hear what you think of it? 
Till next time crafters 
Jacqui over & out

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so colourful and fun. Loving the little bunting at the top. Wishing you a wonderful weekend with a bit of craftiness on the side.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

Oh Jacqui, this is wonderful! I love the pink and purple in this card - they go perfectly with this image. And all those details - perfect!

Hugs,
Hanne, DT sis.