Followers

Thursday 15 February 2018

Tutorial 5 Sweetie box using Stampin Up Rainbow builder Framelits from Stampin Up

Hi again crafters Jacqui back with another tutorial.  Today I'm oing my final Rainbow Builder Framelits project.  This box is from Sam at Mixed Up craft and when I saw it I thought omw that would be a perfect baby gift box with the Rainbow dies.  So here you have it.  

The blue one is my prototype and I only meant to have blue and pink but when I was filming the pink one I messed up AGAIN!!!  So I had to go create a third,


 I decided to try something completely different and see if it would work.  So I went with cream and gold as I used Stampin Ups Bundle of love papers and they had a pink side, a blue side and then the gold and cream on the other side.  I actually quite liked the result and I'd love you to tell me what you think.


Anyway onto the instructions.  You need a piece of 12 x 12 paper and you score one side at 3 1/2 and 8 1/2.  Turn and score the next side at 1 7/8, 5 7/8, 7 3/4 and 11 3/4.  The two sections that have the most score lines are the sides and you need to cut down all these score lines to the first score.  Then turn to inside of box and take a pencil and ruler and lightly score from corner to corner to create an X.  You then need to cut the sweetie shape.  Start on the score line you've just created from outside edge of each square section but don't keep to it as you need a section to hold the box together and if you follow the score you'll cut the ends off.  About  1/4 inch on each side of the centre of cross is roughly what you're aiming for this is the bit you wrap the ribbon round.

For the decoration I took some cream card or white card and used the cloud dies from the Rainbow Builder Framelits and cut two sections larger than I needed, I then placed on the box at req'd height and marked where I wanted to cut off.  For the first two boxes I embossed the cloud layers with a swirly pattern and went round the edges with some Tumbled glass ink.   I cut coloured rainbows for the first two boxes and different shades of gold for the last and placed them where I wanted between the two cloud layers.  I then added the sun and small cloud.  To finish it off I stamped the sentiment from the co-ordinating Sunshine and Rainbows Stamp set in gold embossing powder and layered it onto some gold card.  I used the two new scalloped Stampin Up punches for the sentiment and layer which measure 1 1/8 and 1 3/8.

That's my project finished and I hope you like and will let me know.


Till next time

Jacqui over and out. xx

Please forgive the fact that some of my video is out of frame as I'm still learning and I got an awesome tip today on how to acheive that so I hope it will work for future videos.

Stampin Up Supplies used:

Rainbow builder bundle                      145983
Rainbow builder framelits                   145659
Sunshine and Rainbows stamp set      145821
Bundle of Love Dsp                            144143
Punch 1 1/8                                         146138
Punch 1 3/8                                         146139

No comments: