Followers

Friday 11 April 2014

Whoopsi Daisy Challenge "Things with wings"


Hi there guys, gals and fb pals yesterday I felt like doing something different so I picked up a whoopsi daisy image I got last week and decided to do their challenge "Things with wings". I used lovely greens, pinks and black.  Let me know what you think

http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.com.au/



How I made it

When I picked up my image and saw the colours I knew I had the perfect background for it in my stash. I'd had a play day with masks and glitter pastes and I'd used pink and green onto black card (just to see what it looked like of course lol). Then I just keep them and use them when they fit.  I looked through my card and found this green one which is so textured when you feel it and I love texture in my cards. I used a small part behind my image and a large part for a mat which I layered onto pink. I used an 8x8 base and after putting all the layers together I just had to embellish.  This part actually takes the longest for me as i'm a bit of a perfectionist!  I cut some pink and white dandelions with a tattered lace die and some green leaves with a spellbinder die.  Then I layered them on the corner and put a couple of flowers from my stash on top.  I added some gems on the flowers, in her head, her wings and necklace and a flower gem in the corner to finish if you like i'd love to hear it. Thanks for stopping by xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. I love your background. Beautiful image too.