Followers

Friday 4 April 2014

Stamping Dragon Designs Challenge DT Spring Time Theme


This is the first card I made for the Design Team for the April Challenge Spring Time.  I used a few different SDD products for it.  The back ground paper and the large flowers are from the New "Home Tweet Home" kit (I also shrank some of the pink birds to sit on the topper lol) the corners are from the "Age of Innocence" kit and the topper is "A friend is Quote". When I finished this card I wasn't 100% happy with it as I felt the topper didn't stand out from the background enough!! So I made another one!  You can also see this one below.  So take a look and let me know what you think.


This card came together pretty quickly as i had most of the elements already printed, coloured or made.  The topper is what dictated the colour scheme as you can tell.  The second layer is a Stamps Away mask with a purple distress ink from a play day. The bottom layer is A crafters companion paper. Then just add ribbon and gems.  Now if only they'd all work out so easily lol. Till next time crafters have fun

2 comments:

Gwyneth said...

Both cards are lovely with you, though after reading your information I do see what you mean about the topper on the first not standing out a lot. I like the soft, gentle, look of it and the die-cut border around it, but if you wanted it to stand out more I think that I'd be tempted to add a fine line of the same green as the corners - but I have been doing a lot of putting lines around things with a ProMarker lately LOL.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. love the backgrounds.