Followers

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Less is More

This Card was made for the Less is More Challenge week 14 White on white  http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/
and Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Its a simple card with maximum impact. I embossed an A5 centura pearl card base with a CC snowflake folder. I used a CC snowflake die and another hanging snowflake die (can't remember who made it). I put a piece of white on white dotted ribbon round the card with another piece of lace ribbon below it from my stash. I covered the larger snowflakes with glue and sprinkled iridescent glitter over them. And i finished it off with some aurora borealis  gemss. I have to say that this card was quite difficult for me and it took a couple of days for it to come together  but I do love the finished project. It took me out of my comfort zone which is a good thing as it made me explore different ideas and areas of card making. When i make any card I look at the finished project and think "would I like to receive this" and if the answers yes great, but if the answers no then its back to square one! I refuse to make a card that i would not be happy to receive.  Everything you make should be the best of your efforts.

3 comments:

Gwyneth said...

A white on white card that's very striking. I love it.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry I'm so ridiculously late in visiting your card for our Christmas challenge!
This is lovely!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"