Followers

Friday 13 December 2013

Christmas Cards using Stamping Dragon Images


Below are a couple of Quick Christmas Cards I did using some SDD images and bits from my stash.
No 1 is using the gorgeous Winter Beauty http://dragonslairdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=403_409&products_id=1106 I coloured the image with promarkers and then cut it out. The background is done with ink through a snowflake mask and the edges are inked too. I used pads to put the image on and then added an mdf xmas tree that i used green ink to colour too. I put some red glitter on the berries in her hair and some different red gems in the snowflakes and on the tree. 
I am entering this card in the CHCC http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/


This one was done for the December colouring Challenge on the SDD FB page.  Each month you are given an image to colour and make a project with. You then upload this to the site. If you don't make and upload a picture of your project you are not allowed to take part in the next months challenge. A winner is drawn randomly and they receive a prize.  This month we were given the lovely image of Rocky (who is actually the toy are Queen Dragons son had when he was small). My nephew Tyler likes to have a go colouring every Wednesday so I put 4 images on 1 page and printed off a few pages. This gave me lots of images to use so I created a family for Rocky. I coloured them all differently and cut them out using a SB die. I used another SB die to create the red frame for each picture then mounted them on a gold rectangle cut with a SB die.  I used a Crafters Companion icicle die on white pearlescent paper for the bottom of each picture then laid them out. I used a Precious Snowflake die and put 4 or 5 on the card too and to finish i placed some tiny red gems on the snowflakes.


1 comment:

Fran said...

Fab cards, popping in from the Stamping Dragon FB Blog ladder xxx