Followers

Friday 3 January 2014

Starting over

Hi guys and gals hope you're all safe and warm away from the storms. I'm in the living room with the fire on its great except for the fact the rugby's on and David is very loud in his celebrating and criticising lol.

Anyway i'm here to share a little card I made yesterday with you. I'll be making my xmas cards all year round so this was my first for 2014. Let me know what you think


I used the justrite secret garden stamp for the back ground on black card with versamark and silver embossing powder. I backed this onto red and black card. This card is a 5x5 which is really unusual for me as i LOVE my 8x8 but i have loads of other sizes in my card box so i'm determined to use them and it takes me outside my comfort zone and helps me make different choices and go with new ideas. I definitely recommend it. The poinsettia is from a set my friend gave me and I just decoupaged it and put a large silver gem in the middle. I finished it off with some red corners which i made by pushing into versamark and covering with red embossing powder and i have to say the effect is pretty awesome (unfortunately by photo taking is not lol).  I found a little sentiment in my stash and finished it off and I'm pretty pleased with the result the first of many I hope.  I'm going to enter it into these challenges

http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk/
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.com.au/
http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/
http://laineyscraftyspace-christmasfun.blogspot.co.uk/

15 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 157- you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for Januaryr - I'd love to see it there too. x

Susan Renshaw said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Fun! Love that poinsettia!

Crafty Judith said...

Fab card hun I too will be making Christmas cards all year round - ty for playing along at Crafting From The Heart x DT

What I Created Next said...

Beautiful card!! Thank you for joining us over at Christmas Fun Challenge Blog. Hope you enter throughout the year too.

Hazel said...

I love the lovely rich colours - thanks for sharing this for CCAYR December anything goes challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team – and thanks for entering this for my CHNC challenge extra for December x

verybellemakes said...

Beautiful Christmas card! You're so brave starting again already - I think I may need a week or two just to recover ;) Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart, hope to see you again soon.

Victoria DT

Susan Renshaw said...

gorgeous flower! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Fun!

Unknown said...

What a great card! Thanks for joining us over at the Christmas Fun Challenge Blog - hope to see you again, Bev x

Marie Richardson said...

WOW i love that poinsetta very dramatic
Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Christmas Fun challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (DT for Christmas Fun)
xxxx

Unknown said...

Fabulous layers. Thanks for joining us at Christmas fun for our first challenge. Jax (DT for Christmas Fun)

Cindy Groh said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the idea of heat embossing with silver on black. Sensational in every way. Thanks for joining us at Christmas cards all year Round. We better see you next month too. Best wishes
DT member
Cindy

Cindy Groh said...

This card is so beautiful. I love the idea of embossing in silver on black. What a sensational look it creates. Thank you for joining us at Christmas cards all year round.

Judith said...

This is just so beautiful - I love this gorgeous image and layout - well done on getting off to a flying start for Christmas 2014! and thank you for joining in our very first challenge at the Christmas Fun Challenge - please help us spread the word for 2014! - hope we see you back for our next challenge on 16th January hugs Judith x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely creation at 'Christmas Cards All Year Round' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT x

Birgit said...

This is truly stunning! It really captured my eye and I love the silver and black and the deep red. Very beautiful