Followers

Thursday 16 January 2014

Fitztown Challenge No 19 Recipe


Hi all hope you're all fit and well and ready for a new year full of crafting fun.  Over the Christmas period I actually did some more Christmas Cards lol. Well it was the time of the year and i was in the mood he he. Well anyway enough of that my second card for fitztown was with the fae 3 image and for the Recipe Challenge which was 2papers, ribbon, 2 flowers and 2 buttons. I coloured the fae 3 with promarkers. The card is 8x8 and all layers are matted onto Kraft Card. The first layer at the back is a paper from my stash, then the other two layers are done with my gelli plate and acryllic paints. I edged all the papers with old paper distress ink. I found the ribbon in my stash but had to go searching through my rubbish drawer for the buttons lol. I think I may be the only paper crafter who doesn't use buttons!  I cut the flowers out from pink pearlescent card with a SB die and put a blue gem in the middle of each to finish.



 I have to say when I saw this image I fell in love with it and rushed off to make something with it. It was only when it was done I though to check the challenge details lol.  It was obviously, absolutely nothing like the challenge requirements so I had to start over and the result as you can see is above.  Thought you might like to see the first card i did anyway so its below, let me know what you think of both of them.  I again used promarkers but did 2 images so i could de coupage some of the flowers then i cut it out with a SB label die. I used an 8x8 card base and found the yellow flower paper in my stash (which we all have a lot of lol) then i backed it onto black card. I took a strip of red and 1 of black card and and used the tonic punch down the sides then layered them on and I did the same with another piece of the flower paper. I used another SB die to make a black mat for my image.  Then i found a sentiment and put a layer of purple glitter round it and added it to card with some purple felt and yellow rose flower embellishments and a red twig with a few others too.
Let me know what you all think which one is your favourite?

3 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Both are beautiful, but if I had pick one, I'd pick the first - just love the soft colours. Saw your link on the SSD fb group blog ladder and wanted to stop by to say hi :-)

Judy McKay said...

Both cards are beautiful. I think my favourite is the one you posted on Fitztown though. Judy DT

Gwyneth said...

Both cards are lovely, but I think I prefer the first with its soft colouring.