Followers

Wednesday 1 January 2014

Another Christmas Card

Its much easier to make Christmas Cards when you have loads of time and no rush to get them done. Thats why i'll be making them ALL year round with some general ones too of course. For some reason I have no idea why i have a passion for Christmas so i'm just going to enjoy it.


I made this card specifically for the Cutie pie challenge http://cutiepiechallenge.blogspot.com.au/
and i'm going to enter in some others too.  This image is actually a glittery sticker that I got on a sheet last year, there were about 15 stickers on each sheet and I got them for 50p a sheet in the January sales. Definitely a bargain and it shows you don't need to spend a fortune to make a great card.

I put the image on a white doily die cut (sorry don't know where it came from), then I used my ek success circle scissor to cut a red background for it. I had some backgrounds made up from a glitter paste play day and I used one of a border of green leaves on a cream background. Then I backed it on some matching red card with a green mat behind to finished I popped some candi on the corners and some mini gems all over in red and green. I added my sentiment (from my stash) and put a couple of leaf pins behind it. It made a really effective pretty Christmas Card in about an hour!

I'm entering it in these challenges too:
http://jellyparkchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/jellypark-friends-month-long-christmas.html
http://creativeknockouts.blogspot.co.uk/
http://happycamperscc.blogspot.co.uk/

4 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful design, Jacqui. I love the glittered background (glittered paste is fab isn't it & I couldn't live without my EK Sucess Circle Scissor either!) and that is a gorgeous jolly snowman.
Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Very cute Snowman card. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous snowman, thanks for sharing with The cutie Pies xx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Great card, love the image and the colours, thank you for joining us at happy campers, Pauline x