Followers

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Digi Stamps for Joy March 2014 Christmas Card no 3


Hi Guys I'm back again with my Christmas Card using the monthly freebie from Digi Stamps for Joy South Africa   http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.co.uk/

This month we were given a sheet of sentiments to use.  Originally I thought omg what do I do with this as they were pretty tight together so it took me a while to get going!  But I kept thinking about it and ended up with a few ideas.  One was to print it onto coloured paper as a background, then I thought about using my inks to colour it as a background.  But first I cut out some sentiments individually that I liked just to see what I could get cut and what I liked. So as you can see from the photo I cut "I Believe" and "The Magic of Christmas" and used them together. You can't tell from the pic but i've covered them with Crafters Companion spray and sparkle too. I picked a Creata pretty reindeer card as my backing and simply worked from there. I used Creata green Mirror Board as mats for my words and red for my background mat.  I added a Crafters Companion icicle die cut in green onto the bottom of my main words then added some snowflakes in gold and green with red gems in the centre and a red heart to finish.  I'm happy with the finished result so let me know what you think plz.  Till next time from Jacqui xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Christmas card.

Desire Fourie said...

Jacqui I adore the way you have selected some of the words on the sentiment sheet to create your beautiful festive card. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of April.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}