Followers

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Another Blue and White

This is the second blue and white Christmas Card i've made lately and I wanted to combine it with another challenge to make a stepper card which made it slightly more difficulty.  I'm not really a stepper card kind of crafter and as i'm trying to challenge myself with different card bases I decided to give it a go. Once i'd decided what to use it was pretty straight forward (my problem is I can never decide what to use lol). I found the base in my box and went delving through my stash for stuff to use.  The Snow was my first choice and as it went well with the Blue and White theme it was easy.  Then I decided on trees as I needed some height behind the snow to balance it. The rest as they say was easy (well the saying is history but doesn't really work lol).  The background card in blue and white came from my scrap box (and yes i do try to use up as many scraps as possible before getting any new) and also the white card for the trees.  I then found a blue piece to match in my card box.  I simply cut 3 sizes of trees out with my Crafters Companion Christmas Tree die and layered them onto my card. I ran some blue and white ribbon and lace along the bottom before sticking my snow sign on.  To finish I added some blue half pearls. Quite a quick one once you make your choices.  I do hope you like and plz let me know. Thanks Jacqui

I'm entering this card in these challenges:
Crimbo Crackers  http://crimbo-crackers.blogspot.co.uk/
Christmas Cards all year round  http://christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk/
CHCC  http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
CHCC Extra  http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/
Elaines Christmas Fun  http://laineyscraftyspace-christmasfun.blogspot.co.uk/

7 comments:

chrissy xx said...

I LOve to see Christmas Cards AYR and this one is GOrgeous! FABulous colours and I LOve your embellishments and design.
Chrissyxx
I have paper I just look at lol and never use!

What I Created Next said...

Thank you for entering the challenge over at Christmas Fun - Tanya (DT Member)

Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CraftinGranny said...

It's a fantastic card Jacqui with the blue and white trees, lace and glitzy snow word. Thanks so much or joining us at CCAYR this month and we hope to see you back again soon. Hugs, Carol

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for CCAYR March 'step card' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team – and thanks for entering this for my CHNC challenge extra for March

Helen said...

That is gorgeous - such a clever design.

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Helen N x

Cindy van Oorschot said...

This is really stunning. Seen it on Christmas Stampin All year round.
Cindy