Followers

Wednesday 31 January 2018

Scrap background with dies, embossing folders and Stampin up


Hi again guys, gals and crafting pals.  I'm back again with another project this time I've been using strips of scraps to make backgrounds then adding embossing folders and dies to make them into cards. 

To make the backgrounds I cut a piece of 5 3/4 card by 4 1/8 and stuck some stick it double sided sticky sheets over it.  I then got my scrap box and my guillotine out and cut lots of small strips 1/4 inch or less.  I peeled off the stick it top layer and lay the strips diagonally across it.  For the celebrate cards I used a random blue green and purple pattern.  For the first card I cut the whole piece in half and used a Stampin up celebrate die from the "Celebrate you" thinlets on the right side.  I then cut a piece of white card the same size and put stick it on top and stuck it behind the celebrate section.  This allowed me to add white glitter into the celebrate cut out section.  The card base is 5 3/4 x 4 1/8 so I cut a matching blue layer at 5 1/2 x 3 7/8 and then a white layer at 5 1/4 x 3 5/8.  I lay my celebrate section across the card to decide where I wanted my you stamped and then used the you from the "Amazing You" stamp set.  I then embossed the top half only with an embossing folder.  After adding foam tape to the back I added my celebrate section and finished with a couple of Stampin Up enamel stars.


For the second card I cut the remaining patterned piece in half and embossed a piece of 5" x 2" white card.  I stuck the cut patterned section on each side and glued the celebrate diecut that came from the previous card onto the right side I added foam tape behind.  I cut the same size blue and white layers as on the previous card and glued them onto another 5 3/4 x 4 1/8 card base, then added my top layer and finished with 3 enamel stars.


For the second card I repeated the same strip, stick it technique as above only this time I used a set pattern.  Once complete I embossed the whole piece with a dot embossing folder and added some Berry burst ink to highlight the embossing, I used the same size card base as above and added a 1/4 smaller layer in gold and cut the background 1/4 smaller again.  I added a strip of matching green and pale pink on foam tape.  Then I used the Sunshine wishes heart and Love in gold and the you in green from the "Celebrate You" dies.  The pink banner is from the Petals and more thinlets.  The large green heart was cut using the "Sweet and Sassy" framelits.  I stamped the inside and envelope using the "Lovely inside and out" stamp set.

Coming next will be the lovely box I made to hold the 10 cards I made recently.

I hope you like my projects and if you want to contact me please do via my blog or at jacquirobinson6@gmail.com

Till next time 

Jacqui over and out xx







No comments: